Mission: We are committed to outstanding business and financial support in an environment that promotes mutual courtesy, respect, transparency, and accountability.
The FASC Business Office, a unit of the Office of the Dean of School of Arts and Sciences, serves as the central business and finance office for the School of Arts and Sciences and Graduate School for the Camden Campus. The office supports the Dean of Faculty of Arts and Sciences in the strategic management of all resources including the efficient and effective utilization of all funds to support the strategic goals of the School. Our primary function is to facilitate processing and approval of financial transactions through the central university systems. Financial transactions include but are not limited to expense reports, travel orders, travel advances, requisitions, journal entries, cost adjustments and all payroll actions (new hire, termination, upgrade, in-grade, summer salary, etc.)
Main responsibilities include:
- Develop the annual budget and forecast.
- Review and adjust the working budget throughout the year based on current enrollment and spending trends.
- Allocate projected state budget resources to departments, centers, and institutes
- Calculate and project tuition and fees revenue
- Manage faculty start up packages
- Provide overall budgetary oversight
- Provide financial reports to the Dean, Chairs and Center Directors
- Manage and monitor directors and chairs extra compensation
- Processing and approval of all financial transactions through the central university systems. Financial transactions include but are not limited to expense reports, travel orders, travel advances, requisitions, journal entries, cost adjustments and all payroll actions (new hire, termination, upgrade, in-grade, summer salary etc.)
- Protect and maximize the assets and financial resources
The office is responsible for the integrity, overall administrative and fiscal management of the School. In executing these functions, we review all unit expenditures for both funding availability and compliance with both university and funding source regulations. The staff members of this unit represent the school on all fiscal matters pertaining to the university’s Budget Office, University Controller Office, and other Administrative Offices.