On Monday, December 8th, the Center for Urban Research and Education (CURE) will host the “Camden Citywide Housing Vacancy Data Release” event. This data was gathered through a property survey throughout the year. Participants will see a demonstration of the mapping application for GIS spatial analysis and hear from a panel of experts who will discuss the current and future status of abandoned properties in Camden.
Presentation of interactive map: Josh Wheeling, Program Manager, CamConnect
- Pilar Hogan Closkey, Executive Director, St. Joseph’s Carpenter Society
- John Kromer, Senior Consultant, University of Pennsylvania’s Fels Institute of Government
- Danilo Pelletiere, Economist, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, Office of Policy Development and Research
- Bridget Phifer, Executive Director, Parkside Business and Community In Partnership, Inc.
- Rick Sauer, Executive Director, Philadelphia Association of Community Development Corporations
The event is from 11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. in the Multi-Purpose Room. Lunch will be served. Registration is required.
This event is co-sponsored by CamConnect, the Camden Community Development Association, and the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia’s Community Development Studies and Education Department.