The Faculty of Arts and Sciences–Camden would like to extend an invitation for you to participate in the 2018 commencement ceremonies, which will be held at 2 p.m. and 6 p.m. on Wednesday, May 16th, at the BB&T Pavilion in Camden.
If you would like to participate in commencement, please fill out this form by Monday, April 30th:
Commencement Schedules and Details:
2 p.m. Graduate School–Camden and 6:00 p.m. Camden College of Arts and Sciences/University College commencements: All participating faculty will process in to the auditorium and will sit on the platform. You are also invited to attend the faculty dinner. In order to plan appropriately we need to know if you plan to attend. Please fill out the form above by Monday, April 30th.
- 12:45 p.m. – Faculty Report to Shuttle on Campus for Transport to BB&T Pavilion for Graduate School–Camden Ceremony
- 1:30 p.m. – Faculty Line-Up for Graduate School–Camden Ceremony Processional
- 2 p.m. – Graduate School–Camden Ceremony Begins
- 3:30 p.m. – Graduate School–Camden Ceremony Ends
- 3:30 p.m. – Dinner Begins for Faculty Already at the BB&T Pavilion
- 3:30 p.m. – Faculty Report to Shuttle on Campus for Transport to BB&T Pavilion for Camden College of Arts and Sciences/University College–Camden Ceremony
- 4 p.m. – Dinner Begins for Newly Arrived Faculty
- 5 p.m. – Faculty Line-Up for Camden College of Arts and Sciences/University College–Camden Ceremony Processional
- 6 p.m. – Camden College of Arts and Sciences/University College–Camden Ceremony Begins
- 8 p.m. – Camden College of Arts and Sciences/University College–Camden Ceremony Ends; Board the Shuttle for Return to Campus
Our commencement is an important event for our campus and it would be an honor to have our faculty members volunteer to be a marshal at the ceremony. Being a marshal will give you the opportunity to share in the great achievement of the graduating students. The job of the marshal is to lead each line of graduating students into the auditorium, and then onto the stage where their name will be read and they will receive their diploma.
If you are interested in being a marshal, please fill out the form above and choose which event you would like to marshal. Leave the marshal option blank if you do not want to be a marshal. Faculty who are not marshals will march in the faculty procession.
There will be a mandatory meeting for marshals on Thursday, May 10th, at 2 p.m. in the Armitage Hall Faculty Lounge.
If you need to order regalia, it can be ordered through the University District Bookstore. The full cost of the regalia, including the cap, gown, hood, and tassel, will be paid for by the Office of the Dean. You must place your order with the bookstore by April 27, 2018. A late fee, for which you will be responsible, will be imposed if the bookstore must pay expedited shipping due to late order.
To order regalia for the first time, please send an email to the bookstore manager (SM8006@bncollege.com) with the following information:
School (Faculty of Arts and Sciences)
Full Title of Degree
College/University where degree was earned
Height (with shoes)
Cap Size (if known)
If you have attended commencement in the past five years and are re-ordering from last year, you can simply email the bookstore with your name and the name of your school (Faculty of Arts and Sciences) and they will reorder your regalia with the information they have on file.
Questions or concerns regarding regalia can be directed to the University District Bookstore at either SM8006@bncollege.com or 856-968-1200.
You will be notified when your regalia is available for pick-up. Returns are to be dropped off immediately following the ceremony in the Ben Franklin Lobby of the BT&T Pavilion.