skip to main content

Contact Information

Faculty of Arts and Sciences
Rutgers University–Camden
311 North 5th Street
Camden, NJ 08102
(856) 225-6097
artsci@camden.rutgers.edu

Student Spotlight

We R Arts and Sciences: Alesha Figueroa-Falcon

Alesha Figueroa-Falcon
Alesha Figueroa-Falcon is a person that cannot be stopped. She faced a lot of hardships growing up, but that did not stop her from tackling AP English, AP Biology, Honors Trigonometry, and Honors Physics in high school. She has won awards for her efforts, such as the Overcoming Adversity Award, given to her by the ... Read more ...

Upcoming Events

There are no events.

Home » News » We R Arts and Sciences Student Spotlight » We R Rutgers-Camden: Amy Henry

We R Rutgers-Camden: Amy Henry

Posted at 10:36 a.m. April 17, 2012, in We R Arts and Sciences Student Spotlight

Amy Henry black and white photoI attended two Ivy League institutions before deciding to make Rutgers-Camden my new home. I was a Garden State Scholar and a Rutgers Scholar but chose to go to Dartmouth. After working for a few years, I fulfilled a little dream and got my master’s degree at Harvard. I never thought I would find my way back to New Jersey, but after working in applied research for five more years, I realized that I wanted to pursue serious scholarship. After looking at a variety of institutions, I found the Childhood Studies program, and never looked back! I was attracted to the exceptional faculty and was thrilled that Rutgers-Camden could attract them. I was extremely drawn to the idea of studying in Camden, as the opportunity to support a community of children with so many needs very much appealed to me. (My high school is in South Jersey and many of my classmates were from Camden. I saw first-hand, as an adolescent, how hard children from Camden must work to realize educational opportunities, and the idea of studying in Camden made getting a PhD feel more meaningful to me.) I feel like the education I’ve received in the Childhood Studies program absolutely rivals the quality that I experienced at Dartmouth and Harvard.

About Amy Henry

Hometown: Haddonfield, NJ

Graduate Program: PhD in Childhood Studies

Expected GSC Graduation Date: 2015

Tags: ,