skip to main content

Contact Information

Faculty of Arts and Sciences
Rutgers University–Camden
311 North 5th Street
Camden, NJ 08102
(856) 225-6097

Student Spotlight

We R Arts and Sciences: Theresa Hrivnak

Theresa Hrivnak

Who doesn’t love dessert?  It’s easy to gobble up the sweet treats that end the meal, but whipping up the goodies that everyone looks forward to takes hard work, dedication, and talent.  Just ask Rutgers University-Camden alumna Theresa Hrivnak, owner and head baker of Indulgence Cupcakery, located in Haddonfield, NJ.  Theresa has enjoyed much success, … Read more We R Arts and Sciences: Theresa Hrivnak

Home » News » We R Arts and Sciences Student Spotlight » We R Rutgers-Camden: Daniel Stapelkamp

We R Rutgers-Camden: Daniel Stapelkamp

Posted at 10:12 am March 15, 2012, in We R Arts and Sciences Student Spotlight

Daniel StapelkampA transfer student, I spent some time studying respiratory therapy at another school and decided to leave before graduation to pursue my passion for politics.

I chose Rutgers-Camden because of its value; Rutgers absolutely offers the best education for the amount of money spent. In fact, it’s the only school in the Philadelphia region to be ranked among the top 50 in the country in terms of value. Where else could a person like me go to enhance themselves? I can’t afford to live somewhere else or attend a different school. This is my only shot, and it’s a good one.

I am very proud to be a student at Rutgers-Camden: this university allows me to better myself and to become the person I always dreamed I would develop into.

The name of this university has opened doors for me already: I currently serve as an intern for the Office of Senator Robert Menendez and have been accepted into a prestigious summer program. So the Rutgers “R” is more than just a letter to me: it symbolizes hope, courage, devotion, commitment, success, sacrifice, honor, friendship and the camaraderie of thousands. The Rutgers “R” is my future: the “R” is my home.

About Daniel Stapelkamp

Hometown: Delran, NJ

Major: Political Science

Minor: National Security, Intelligence and Counterterrorism

Expected Camden College of Arts and Sciences Graduation Date: May 2013

Mr. Stapelkamp is an intern for the Office of Senator Robert Menendez and has been accepted into American University’s Summer Semester Internship Program in Washington, D.C.

Tags: ,