Daniel StapelkampA transfer student, I spent some time studying respiratory therapy at another school and decided to leave before graduation to pursue my passion for politics.

I chose Rutgers-Camden because of its value; Rutgers absolutely offers the best education for the amount of money spent. In fact, it’s the only school in the Philadelphia region to be ranked among the top 50 in the country in terms of value. Where else could a person like me go to enhance themselves? I can’t afford to live somewhere else or attend a different school. This is my only shot, and it’s a good one.

I am very proud to be a student at Rutgers-Camden: this university allows me to better myself and to become the person I always dreamed I would develop into.

The name of this university has opened doors for me already: I currently serve as an intern for the Office of Senator Robert Menendez and have been accepted into a prestigious summer program. So the Rutgers “R” is more than just a letter to me: it symbolizes hope, courage, devotion, commitment, success, sacrifice, honor, friendship and the camaraderie of thousands. The Rutgers “R” is my future: the “R” is my home.

About Daniel Stapelkamp

Hometown: Delran, NJ

Major: Political Science

Minor: National Security, Intelligence and Counterterrorism

Expected Camden College of Arts and Sciences Graduation Date: May 2013

Mr. Stapelkamp is an intern for the Office of Senator Robert Menendez and has been accepted into American University’s Summer Semester Internship Program in Washington, D.C.