|Fall 2016 Course Scheduling Submission Calendar|
|Monday, November 02, 2015||Courses Loaded into CSS (by NB)|
|Monday, November 09, 2015||Courses Loaded into Oracle (NB)|
|Monday, November 16, 2015||Course Scheduling System opens to Departments
for Course Submission
|Friday, January 8, 2016||Course Scheduling System closes to Departments|
|Monday, January 11, 2016 –
Friday, January 29, 2016
|Associate Dean Review|
|Monday, February 01, 2016||Course Scheduling System Re-opens to Departments
to Review and Make Final Edits Based on Associate Dean Review
|Friday, February 5, 2016||Course Scheduling System Closes to Departments|
|Monday, February 8, 2016||Registrar’s Office Reviews Courses and Assigns Classrooms|
|Monday, March 07, 2016||On-line Schedule of Courses Viewable|
|Monday, April 04, 2016||Registration Opens|
- Course Schedule Rules Overview:
- Uniform scheduling rules apply to all undergraduate programs in Arts & Sciences, Business, and Nursing and to those graduate programs conducted in classrooms that are part of the campus inventory. While all units must use room allocations and work within the blocks, the compliance guidelines (e.g., % of course offerings scheduled at certain times of day) are applied only to undergraduate offerings. For example, graduate programs offered entirely in the evening will not have to offer classes at 8:00 a.m., but need to conform to the current Camden Meeting Patterns.
- NOTE: If a graduate/professional program wants to offer a course in a department-controlled room and the students in that program will not have to take any other course that term, departments/programs may ask permission to offer a course outside the current Camden Meeting Patterns. The Associate Dean must approve any such requests.
- All courses must be scheduled in prescribed time slots available in the current Camden Meeting Patterns (courses may not cross time blocks).
- The start times for lab and studio courses must correspond to an existing start time in the current Camden Meeting Patterns.
- No courses may be scheduled during Free Period.
- Undergraduate departments/programs should offer courses using all days of the week (Monday – Friday).
- At least 10% of undergraduate department/program course offerings must include a Friday.
- At least 10% of undergraduate course offerings must be offered during the first time block of the day (8:00 a.m.).
- At least 10% of undergraduate course offerings must be offered after 5:00 p.m. Pay special attention to the question: Can a student complete this program/major by only attending after 5:00 p.m.?
- No more than 50% of undergraduate classes may be offered between 9:30 a.m. and 2:50 p.m. (prime time).
- The evening course time slot is 6:00-8:50 pm. If offering an evening class from just 6:00 – 7:20 p.m. or 7:30 – 8:50 p.m., be sure to schedule 2 classes in order to fill the full evening course time slot.