Come to Rutgers-Camden and See the World
In fact, we’ll help you go there!
Students who enroll as first-time, first-year students in the Camden College of Arts and Sciences and University College and have a 3.5 cumulative average at the beginning of the year in which they want to take an International Studies course will receive a $500 grant to be used toward the cost of the associated trip in their sophomore, junior or senior year.
International Studies at Rutgers-Camden:
Students take classes on our campus, then travel abroad during spring break or in early summer to apply what they have learned in a new cultural setting. In the past students have participated in classes that traveled to Italy, the Republic of Ireland, South Africa and Namibia, Egypt, Belgium, England, China and Mongolia, Greece, the Netherlands, and Northern Ireland.
Conditions – This offer applies only to students who meet the following program requirements*:
- Grants will only be offered to students who enter CCAS or UC for their first college experience
- A student must be enrolled in CCAS or UC at the time of the grant.
- A student who wishes to take advantage of this travel grant in the sophomore year must have completed at least 30 credits at Rutgers-Camden at the end of her or his second semester and have a minimum GPA of 3.5 . To travel in the junior year, a student must have completed at least 60 credits at Rutgers-Camden at the end of his or her fourth semester with a 3.5 GPA; to travel in the senior year, a student must have completed at least 90 credits at Rutgers-Camden at the end of her or his sixth semester with a 3.5 GPA.
- Students who meet these requirements must apply for this grant by early March of the academic year in which they wish to travel.
- You may download the application form here.
*Note: Students will receive email notification regarding their eligibility.