Jennifer KelleyFor me, Rutgers-Camden has meant opportunity. Due to Rutgers’ devotion to research, I have had the opportunity to work in Dr. Charlotte Markey’s lab as a research assistant.

Doing research in the lab allows me to learn valuable skills that will undoubtedly serve me in many future educational endeavors. Furthermore, it has given me the opportunity to represent my school in San Diego, California this past January at the annual Society for Personality and Social Psychology conference.

My classmate, Gianna Bowler, and I had the chance to share Dr. Markey’s research and meet numerous professionals in the field of psychology. This is an opportunity that only a limited number of undergraduate students get to have.

If I did not have the privilege of attending Rutgers-Camden, I would not have access to the educationally rich and rewarding opportunities that I have experienced.

About Jennifer Kelley

Hometown: Cherry Hill, NJ

Majors: Psychology and Childhood Studies

Minors: Spanish and European Studies

Expected Camden College of Arts and Sciences Graduation Date: January 2013

Ms. Kelley is a member of the psychology club and president of the Rutgers-Camden chapter of Psi Chi, the National Honor Society of Psychology. She is a recipient of the Dean’s Undergraduate Conference Travel Fund Grant and consistently makes the dean’s list.