skip to main content

Contact Information

Faculty of Arts and Sciences
Rutgers–Camden
311 North 5th Street
Camden, NJ 08102
(856) 225-6097
artsci@camden.rutgers.edu

Student Spotlight

We R Arts and Sciences: Brian Brubach and Robert MacDavid

Brian Brubacn and Robert MacDavid
"[Brian and Robert's] awards are important to their careers, but are also a source of pride for Rutgers-Camden as a community of research-driven students and faculty."
Home » News » We R Arts and Sciences Student Spotlight » We R Rutgers-Camden: Zachary Wood

We R Rutgers-Camden: Zachary Wood

Posted at 10:32 a.m. March 1, 2012, in We R Arts and Sciences Student Spotlight

Zachary WoodI have long desired to pursue a PhD, but I never knew how I could make it work with my life. My wife and I have a mortgage, a newborn, and an extensive pile of education debt.

The prospect of continuing on to such an advanced degree given my life circumstances seemed like an insurmountable challenge, and so it remained a silly dream. That is, until I was connected to the doctoral program in public affairs at Rutgers-Camden.

This program allows me to pursue my exact field of interest, with the internationally-renowned Rutgers University faculty, in one of the most interesting and disadvantaged cities in the nation, with the flexibility to stay local, as well as a generous assistantship allowing me to provide for my growing family.

No other university in the region was able to offer such an amazing opportunity for me to pursue this dream, and I have no doubt that I would not be pursuing this dream of a PhD if it weren’t for Rutgers-Camden.

This campus is the uniquely perfect combination of prestige, flexibility and convenience that needs to be preserved. I took a leap of faith to come to Rutgers in Camden, and the quality of my education has proved that decision correct.

About Zachary Wood

Hometown: Philadelphia, PA

Graduate Program: Public Affairs

Expected Graduation Date: May 2014

Tags: , ,